Neutron Radiography Testing & Services
Neutron radiography testing is a non destructive testing technique that allows imaging of hydrogenous materials (e.g. water, oil, plastic, rubber, explosives) within components made of metals such as steel, brass, aluminum and nickel. This NDT technology is applicable to a wide range of industrial applications, including:
- Testing air-cooled jet engine turbine blades for residual core material and other cooling passage blockages.
- Reliability testing of detonators in explosive devices.
- The inspection of high-reliability explosives for presence of transmitters and receivers and for explosive loading uniformity.
- Inspecting for internal flaws such as cracks, inclusions, voids, bubbles, foreign materials, density variations and misalignments.
- Testing braze quality and the presence of braze materials in manufactured parts.
- Determining capacitor delamination.
- Determining bonding flaws in adhesives.
- Inspecting radioactive objects such as a gamma source in its shielding.
- Determining reliability of air bag or parachute initiators.
- Inspection of artifacts uncovered through archaeological digs.
- Inspecting for aluminum corrosion products.
- Testing for missing or misplaced o-rings.
- Testing for hydrogenous foreign substances in sealed units.
How does Neutron Radiography NDT testing work?
The non destructive inspection of a material using neutron radiography is very similar to the process used in X-Ray NDT; however, unlike x-rays, neutron radiography services allows the imaging of organic materials inside a component. Metals in the subject component take on a transparent appearance in neutron radiographic images. In many cases, x-ray and neutron radiography are complementary NDT inspection processes, offering a complete picture not only the integrity of the component, but also of the organics within that component.
To discuss your specific application for non destructive testing using neutron radiography, call 248-244-1543 or e-mail us at email@example.com